Learn advanced life support & first Aid skills
- 1 and 2 person CPR
- Child and infant CPR
- Obstructed-airway techniques
- Suctioning techniques
Why Take This Course?
Cardiovascular diseases are the most common cause of death worldwide. As our population ages, the incidence of these diseases will increase, as will the likelihood of needing to manage a cardiovascular event in both your diving and nondiving activities. This course will help prepare you to handle these events as well as other life-threatening incidents.
What You Will Learn
This course will teach you team care CPR and first -aid skills including one- and two-person CPR for adults, children and infants as well as pulse checks. Learn to recognize the signs and symptoms associated with cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and respiratory arrest and proper methods of shock and wound management. This course meets the current guide-lines issued by the International Liaison Council on Resuscitation, the American Heart Association and the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You will learn about:
- Health-Care provider level basic life support
- First aid assessments
- Upper Airway Suctioning
You will develop the following skills:
- Scene safety assessment
- Initial assessments & positioning for care
- One- and two-person CPR for adults, children and infants
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Obstructed airway management
- Wound management, bandage and splint application
- Shock management