START DIVING THE WORLD IN 3 EASY STEPS
The Open Water Diver Course is the first level of diver certification and where it begins for everyone. This is the beginning to your adventure in"discovering the other 3/4ths of your planet", opening the beauty to the worlds oceans, rivers, and lakes for exploration and adventure. The Open Water Diver Course is scheduled throughout the year so that you are never far from the start of our next course. The Open Water Diver Course is divided into three parts...Academics/Theory, Confined Water and Open Water.
Start your SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course and master all the important academic information online. You can complete this phase through self-study, at your own pace, in the convenience of your home or office. If you have any questions don't worry your instructor is always available for consultation via email or phone.
The next step will be to complete your in-water skill-development training. This takes place in one of our local university swimming pools under the supervision of an SDI Instructor.
The final step is to complete the required number of SDI open-water training dives under the supervision of your SDI Instructor. Here you will apply what you have learned during your academic and skill-development sessions while learning practical lessons that can only be gained through real-world experience in open water.
Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Call the shop for details on students 10 to 14 years of age
What you can expect to learn:
- The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use, and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
Yes, We are still running classes! Our next course is set to begin OCT 13th call or email for details
Have your own pool? We'll come to you! Contact us about private instruction
How do I take this course?
Just stop in and register for the next available course!!!!!
A medical Release is required to take the SDI Open Water Class. Click the blue button to download the current medical Release form. please bring the form with you when you come to the shop to register for the course.
A General liability Release is required to take the SDI Open Water Class. Click the blue button to download the current General liability Release form. please bring the form with you when you come to the shop to register for the course.