Learn to dive at Harford Community College!!!
we are now partnered with Harford Community College teaching scuba diving as a non-credit course for only $400! It's now easier than ever to enroll. Simply sign up online , in person or over the phone
START DIVING THE WORLD IN 3 EASY STEPS
The Open Water Diver Course is the first level of diver certification and where it begins for everyone. This is the beginning to your adventure in"discovering the other 3/4ths of your planet", opening the beauty to the worlds oceans, rivers, and lakes for exploration and adventure. The Open Water Diver Course is scheduled throughout the year so that you are never far from the start of our next course. The Open Water Diver Course is divided into three parts...Academics/Theory, Confined Water and Open Water.
Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
- Minimum age 18, 16 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
- The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use, and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
How do I take this course?
register at Harford Community College online, in person or over the phone!!!!!
A medical Release is required to take the SDI Open Water Class. Click the blue button to download the current medical Release form. please bring the form with you when you come to the shop to register for the course.
A General liability Release is required to take the SDI Open Water Class. Click the blue button to download the current General liability Release form. please bring the form with you when you come to the shop to register for the course.