Comprehensive Diving First Aid Course
- Develop CPR skills
- Provide oxygen first aid
- conduct neurological assessments
- Treat injuries from marine life
Diving Emergency Management Provider
Why Take This Course?
When a dive accident occurs, multiple things happen. Separate small problems can compound to create a larger problem. DAN's Diving Emergency Management Provider (DEMP) program prepares you to handle the kinds of multifaceted accidents that may occur. It's an easy and fast way to take four of DAN's core first-aid courses in one program.
What You Will Learn?
The DEMP program prepares you to address multiple problems at once and with confidence. It combines the knowledge and skills from the following four courses into a single approach to managing diving emergencies:Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid, Neurological Assessment, Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries and First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries.
You will learn the content and skills of the four courses:
- CPR & use of AEDs
- Neurological assessments
- Decompression illness and stroke
- Atmospheric gases
- Respiration and circulation
- Oxygen safety
- Oxygen first aid for scuba diving injuries
- Envenomations from marine life
- Traumatic injuries
- Life-threatening complications
- Seafood poisoning
- Avoidance of marine life injuries