This course is cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, and automated external defibrillator (AED) use combined into one program. It is designed to teach the techniques to administer CPR, first aid, and utilize an AED in emergency situations involving infants, children, and adults.
The CPR and AED components cover the knowledge needed to address one of the largest causes of death in the world. Intervening with this knowledge can possibly save a life. The first aid program reviews common techniques to treat serious emergencies, as well as less serious, more common issues.
Who this course is for:
- People wanting to be more prepared
- Businesses hoping to protect employees
- Outdoor enthusiasts
- Lifeguards, babysitters, and caregivers
- Those who need OSHA* and ILCOR compliant training
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates may:
- Recognize and evaluate an emergency and a victim
- Know how to activate or alert the emergency medical services (EMS)
- Be able to provide 1-person infant, child, and adult CPR to a non-breathing or injured person and administer the proper first aid.
- Properly use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
- CPR administration for children, infants, and adults
- AED use for children and adults.
- First aid for possible workplace incidents.
- First aid for common injuries.