This course is a cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, and automated external defibrillator (AED) combined into one program. It is designed to teach the proper techniques to administer CPR, correct first aid, and utilize an AED in emergency situations involving infants and children. Parents, teachers and daycare staff can benefit greatly from the training to save a child’s life in a number of situations. The course materials are the same as Adult and Child Emergency Care however the practical applications are child focused. This course meets all international standards and is OSHA* and ILCOR compliant.
Who this course is for:
- Parents wanting to be more prepared
- Babysitters, lifeguards, and caregivers
- Coaches and teachers
- Those who need meets OSHA* and ILCOR compliant training
What you can expect to learn:
- CPR administration for children and infants.
- AED use for children.
- First aid for infants and children.
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates may:
- Recognize and evaluate an emergency and a victim
- Know how to activate or alert the emergency medical services (EMS)
- Be able to provide 1-person infant and child CPR to a non-breathing or injured person and administer the proper first aid.
- Properly use an automated external defibrillator (AED)